Chinese set to buy more chocolate - new study reveals
Hershey World Travel Retail (WTR) announced today that they will present key findings of their new shopper research findings on The Chinese Confectionery Buyer at next month’s Asia Pacific Exhibition.
Hershey carried out the study in partnership with Counter Intelligence Retail (CiR) to look at consumers in China, Asia and around the rest of the globe.
According to Hershey, it’s reported in the Moodlereport.com ‘that a key aspect of the study highlighted that conversion rates for Chinese consumers were considerably higher (57%) than the Other World (43%), and Other Asia (49%).’
Hershey WTR Regional Director, Europe and Strategy Amy Wilson told the Moodlereport.com: “Partner these figures with a much higher average spend (US$31) compared to US$24 Other Asia, and US$25 Other World, and the opportunity for confectionery is huge, both in China and key Chinese destinations.”
The study also suggested that 67% buy for a gift as opposed to less for Asia and the rest of the world and the tendency for the Chinese was to buy more chocolate than other confectionery products.
To view this you must be logged in with an active subscription.