GATO & Co launch vegan 'Cookies n Cream' cookie sandwiches to Boots nationwide
GATO & Co is a start-up brand with big ambitions, to change the way we tuck into indulgent treats with their feel good snacks. January 2020 sees the plant based bakers launch a brand new range: Cookies N Cream - a modern twist on classic cookie sandwiches (RRP £1.59 per 42g snack pack of two) exclusively to Boots stores nationwide. Handmade with whole, simple ingredients, expect deliciously crunchy cookies with a smooth and creamy filling; as an added bonus, they’re plant based, high in fibre, free from gluten, dairy and palm oil and half the sugar of similar sweet snacks.
Co Founder Kim Lamza says, “At GATO, we are passionate about creating super indulgent plant-based products that are better for you, your gut and the planet – the dream! Our treats are vegan friendly, packed with natural ingredients and contain much less sugar. We’re thrilled to be launching our new Cookies N Cream range to Boots, it seems fitting as the Aberdeen Boots was the first to give me a Summer job when I was back at school!.”
In the range are the definitive Choc Vanilla cookie sandwich, GATO’s rival to a classic Oreo - expect deliciously crunchy chocolate Cookies with a smooth vanilla cream filling; Choc Peanut Butter, crisp-yet-gooey chocolate Cookies and rich, dreamy peanut butter cream; forget Nutella toast, GATO bring us sophisticated Choc Hazelnut Butter cookies: delicious chocolate cookies and a delightful, gooey hazelnut butter filling; lastly, there’s the ever-popular Salted Caramel cookie, the only Vanilla Cookies of the range with THAT choc-salted-caramel filling. All are packed with gluten free oats and ground almonds in place of flour and nut butters and coconut oil in place of butter. Containing 50% less sugar than comparable snacks, GATO cookie sandwiches are crunchy, creamy and just sweet enough, as well as being scrumptious and holistically healthier; they taste decadent but are guilt-free enough to become a daily sweet treat at only 99 calories per cookie!
Co-Founder Charlotte Dauzat, a self-described “French baking geek and foodie” with a love for simple, healthy and nutrient-rich food, founded GATO & CO in January 2017. Charlotte comments, “I grew up in Provence with a love for simple, wholesome and naturally delicious food, but after years leading a frantic city life, this philosophy felt distant. When I figured out that cutting refined food and embracing whole, nutritious ingredients clearly improved my health and energy levels, I realised it was time to come back to my roots. I started this exciting baking adventure and began exploring a world of tasty and nutritious alternatives. After several months of training at Le Cordon Bleu, I created a new range of free-from, indulgent sweet treats that are both tasty AND packed with natural goodness…tadaa! GATO & Co was born! Selfridges was our first client and we launched there only months after I started working on GATO in my own tiny kitchen. Only 8 months later, we were selling in Sainsbury's!”
Charlotte’s business partner Kim Lamza was a Strategy Consultant in London, at the same firm as Charlotte, for half a decade. Kim’s mum is a dietician who taught her how to cook so she could avoid processed junk with hidden sugars and weird ingredients! As soon as Charlotte told her about GATO she knew she needed to get involved in her friend’s venture, (as they were just like her mum’s home bakes!) trusting her vision to the extent that she invested her savings in GATO and went on to help Charlotte launch the product nationwide.
After a lot of hard work, laughter, fun and not a lot of sleep, GATO & Co’s new Cookies N Cream range can be found exclusively via Boots nationwide, with more stockists to follow from Spring 2020.
GATO & CO BENEFITS
- Lower in sugar
- Free from Gluten & Dairy
- Suitable for Vegans
- Made with simple, whole ingredients (absolutely no nasties!)
INGREDIENTS & RRP – RRP £1.59 per 42g pack of two
- Choc Vanilla
- Ingredients: Gluten Free Oats, Coconut Oil, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Fibre (Chicory, Citrus), Water, Almonds, Flaxseeds, Almond Butter, Cacao (3%), Arrowroot, Natural Flavour, Grape Juice, Rice Starch, Fibre (Potato, Psyllium Husk), Salt
- 198kcal per 42g serving
- Choc Peanut Butter
- Ingredients: Gluten Free Oats, Coconut Oil, Brown Sugar, Peanut Butter (9%), Sugar, Fibre (Chicory, Citrus), Water, Almonds, Flaxseeds, Almond Butter, Cacao (3%), Arrowroot, Natural Flavour, Grape Juice, Rice Starch, Fibre (Potato, Psyllium Husk), Salt
- 195kcal per 42g serving
- Choc Hazelnut Butter
- Ingredients: Gluten Free Oats, Coconut Oil, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Fibre (Chicory, Citrus), Cacao (5%), Water, Almonds, Flaxseeds, Arrowroot, Almond Butter, Hazelnut Butter (3%), Natural Flavour, Grape Juice, Rice Starch, Fibre (Potato, Psyllium Husk), Salt
- 198kcal per 42g serving
- Salted Caramel
- Ingredients: Gluten Free Oats, Coconut Oil, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Fibre (Chicory, Citrus), Water, Almond Butter, Almonds, Flaxseeds, Arrowroot, Cacao (3%), Natural Flavour, Grape Juice, Rice Starch, Fibre (Potato, Psyllium Husk), Salt
- 197kcal per 42g serving
ALSO IN THE GATO & CO RANGE
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate & Hazelnut and Almond Butter & Raspberry ‘Nut Butter Cookie Bites’: £1.59 per 33g bag in Holland & Barrett
- Each cookie bite is delicious, nutritious and packed with nut butter, oats and almond milk. Naturally gluten & dairy free, lower in sugar and loaded up with plant protein and fibre - tuck in!
- Hazelnut Ganache & Chocolate Fondant; Chocolate Ganache & Coconut Brownie; Chocolate Ganache & Salted Caramel Blondie Dessert Bites: £1.85 per bag of 4 in Sainsbury's
- Enjoy a little sweet treat after dinner, on the sofa or even on the go! Each bite is plant based (so better for you & the planet), has much less sugar and is packed with natural ingredients (GATO sometimes sneak vegetables in but they are so delicious you’d never know!). From only 55kcals per bite!
- Boots (Exclusive from January 2020)
- Epicurium (Wholesale)
- Tree of Life (Wholesale)